Christmas Tradition Match-athon!
It’s finally Christmas time! Most of us have just a few days left before we head home for break to spend time with family and friends, and celebrate the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ! I, for one, am crazy excited.
Before we part, I’m challenging you to a Christmas Tradition Match-athon! Alright, so, here’s the deal: below you’ll find eleven different Favorite Christmas Traditions from eleven different Axiom students. A little farther down, you’ll see a list – in no particular order – of those eleven students. Your job is to figure out whose tradition is whose! When you think you’ve got it, post a comment here with your answers (they should look similar to this: (1-A or 2-Sue, however you’d prefer). If you don’t have a wordpress account yet, it’s super easy to set up, so you should just do it so you have a shot at the prize… That’s right – I said prize! The person who gets the most pairs correct will win a special, secret, prize when we get back from break! Good luck!
Favorite Christmas Tradition:
- On Christmas day, whatever parent starts the fire in the fireplace forgets to open the flue and the smoke alarms go off; if they don’t forget, Mom burns breakfast, and the smoke alarms go off.
- On Christmas Eve morning, my dad drives my family out to the local state park, and makes my siblings and me get out of the car and hike around in the frozen, snowy wilderness.
- I used to go see the Nutcracker Ballet with my mom every year (until I came to college and it’s always the weekend before Finals- ugh).
- My favorite part of Christmas is going to the Christmas Eve service at my church. Most years, we go to the midnight candlelight service, and it is just so majestic and intimate feeling.
- My favorite Christmas tradition is the Christmas Eve service at my home church. At the very end of the program each year we all get a candle and gather in a circle around the sanctuary singing “Silent Night”. I’ll always remember looking to my left and right and seeing the smiling faces of the ones I love. It’s an incredible moment that I really look forward to each year. You can just sense the overwhelming joy for the coming of our King.
- Us kids all sleep in the same room on Christmas Eve, and I play competitive Tetris on the play station all break long.
- Stamping out messages in the snow.
- In my immediate family instead of exchanging gifts, us grown-ups now write a Christmas letter to each other and place it in a stocking with little goodies and treasures. We share memories and thoughts of appreciation and love to one another in thought out meaningful ways. It’s special and unique!
- I put a wreath of lit candles (yes, real candles) on my head and sing carols in Swedish.
- On Christmas day, my extended family all gathers in my Grandparent’s living room around a huge tree, and opens presents together. Afterwards, we have a big Christmas dinner and watch movies; last year, my whole family, even the guys, sat around singing along to Mamma Mia!
- Opening stockings early on Christmas morning with my brothers while watching the Christmas Story.
- My fav tradition is growing a beard of biblical proportions with the men of my family and then shaving them into complete awesomeness also known as a series of mustaches on Christmas day…
A. Ben Woods
B. Mary Baird
C. Justin Neally
D. Rachel Small
F. Sarah Dexter
G. Taylor Pinion
H. Lauren Deppe
I. Derek Walsh
J. Kelly Nygren
K. Rebekah Songer
L. Kayla Campbell